Fixed Income CFA Level 1
This course aims at providing detailed understanding from basic concepts to analysis of risk. It helps in making fixed income valuation and conducting credit analysis. The course is a must for people preparing for CFA Level 1 Exam.
What Will I Learn?
- Introduction of elements that define and characterize fixed-income securities
- Introduction to calculation and interpretation of prices, yields, and spreads for fixed-income securities Market conventions for price/yield calculations and quotations
- Spot rates, forward rates, and alternative definitions of a yield curve
- Sources of return on fixed-income securities
- Measures and analysis of interest rate & credit risk of fixed income securities
- No Prior Knowledge is necessary
Once taken Fixed Income CFA Level 1 course, candidates will be prepared for the module of Fixed Income, which is one of the largest segments of global financial markets. This program discusses about the fundamentals and calculations concerning fixed income investments. In this course 10% of the entire CFA Level 1 curriculum is covered in the topic area which is one of the toughest subjects to prepare for, through Self Study.
After taking this course you will be able to:
Who is the Target Audience?
- Students who have enrolled for CFA Level 1 course for the first time
- Students who had attempted CFA L1 but could not clear due to low performance in Fixed Income Securities
Fixed income basic Concept
- Fixed Income Securities: Defining Elements
- Fixed Income Markets: Issuance, Trading and Funding
- Fixed Income Valuation (Part- 1)
- Fixed Income Valuation (Part- 2)
- Fixed Income Valuation (Part- 3)
Fixed Income Analysis of Risk
- Introduction to Fixed Income Risk Analysis
- Understanding Fixed Income Risk and Return
- Fundamental of Credit Analysis (Part-1)
- Fundamentals of Credit Analysis (Part-2)
Prof. Rakesh Nair
Schedule Dates : 14th Apr, 21st Apr, 28th Apr,5th May
Duration : 6 hours. 1 and half hour/day
Fees : Rs. 1,999/- (Inclusive of GST)