Building Wealth with Mutual Funds and Introduction to Hedge Funds
Basic Info : Introductory course to Hedge Funds and Course on Mutual Funds Level : Basic Commitment : 12 hour (8 sessions of 1.5 hours each) Language : English Scheduled Date :
What Will I Learn
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss about Hedge Funds as an investment vehicle
- Analyze Hedge Fund Structures
- Evaluate framework for analyzing Hedge fund strategies
- Measure Risk Management
- Comprehend Hedge Fund performance measurement
li>How to invest in mutual funds
- What an SIP, STP, SWP, Liquid funds is
- The benefits and returns on mutual funds
SESSION 1: INTRODUCTION SESSION 2: DEEP DIVE INTO MUTUAL FUNDS SESSION 3: INVESTING IN MUTUAL FUNDS I SESSION 4: INVESTING IN MUTUAL FUNDS II SESSION 5: Introduction to Hedge Funds SESSION 6: Understanding Hedge Fund Structures SESSION 7: Hedge Fund Investment Strategies SESSION 8: Hedge Funds Performance Measurement
- Why invest in the first place?
- The different types of investments
- What is Mutual Fund?
- Types of Mutual Funds
- Expected Returns from Mutual Funds
- Advantages of mutual funds and associated risks
- Why should you research and invest than depending on a financial planner?
- Platform to invest in mutual funds
- Tracking your mutual fund performance
- Researching for mutual funds to invest in
- Putting it all together
- Role of Hedge Fund in Portfolio Management
- Origin of Hedge Funds
- Legal Structure of Hedge Funds
- Organizational Structure
- Hedge Fund Fee Structure
- •Performance –based fees
- •Determining Incentive Fees
- Minimum Investment Levels
- Fees for Funds of Funds
- Strategy categories
- •Equity Hedge
- •Global Macro
- •Relative Value Arbitrage
- Risk Management
- •Sources of Risk
- •Measuring Hedge Fund Risk
- Absolute Returns
- The Sharpe Ratio
- Quartile Chart
Session-specific Assignments(* Condition Apply)
Certificate from BSE Institute
Training 5 or more people ?
We provide custom courses and group sessions as well. To know more about our Customized Programs, click here.
Try BSE Business
How It works
Live Classroom Sessions
Every session is a practical and comprehensive guide to Hedge Funds, interactive sessions and activities.
Interact, Learn and Grow
BSE Institute Community enables you to master the concepts, interact with expert faculty and other learners and be a part of the community whilst growing.
Share your success with the world. Earn an official recognition from the BSE Institute as a valuable certificate.